Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Random Collection of Thoughts...

Random Thought #1: Everything about NC State sucks...maybe that's just because I had my first 8:30 a.m. class this morning or because it took me twice taking trips all the way down to the cashier's office to "pre-pay" for my class only to have them put a hold on my account so that I couldn't register which meant I got put on the waiting list...which meant that I had to contact the professor and try to get him to let me in which he finally did yesterday...or maybe its because the rules state that I have to be "registered for a class" in order to take my final oral exam...which means that even though I am completely finished with all my course requirements for my degree I STILL HAVE TO PAY $1366 JUST TO TAKE A FREAKIN EXAM!!! Maybe that's why...oh yeah and they don't accept Visa...and also their sports programs stink...Aggghhhh

Random Thought #2: When you're 28 and still in school and still don't know what to do with your life you feel a bit like a loser...

Random Thought #3: Green Bay vs Arizona was one of the best NFL playoff games I have ever seen! Kurt Warner is a machine...he threw more touchdown passes than incompletions (5-4). Also thought it was ironic that a game which set NFL postseason records for offense ended on a defensive touchdown.

Random Thought #4: The Storm are 9-0. I'm so proud of those girls...to see how far they have come from that group of tiny little freshmen 4 years ago to one of the best teams in the Raleigh area...thats a lot of hard work and dedication...lesser people would have quit. It has been so worth staying around here this year and being a part of this team...I don't regret my decision.

Random Thought #5: I want to go out west again...I've been really restless lately. I want to do something like climb the Tetons or hike accross Glacier or backpack into the Grand Canyon. Normally I hate staying in one spot for to long or doing the same thing for an extended period and I've been here for a looonnngg time...so I'm getting that "fenced in" feeling...maybe you don't know what I'm talking about but its hard to describe...hmmm....oh well....

Random Thought #6: I need to stop writing now and actually do some work...

Till next time!

-D-Lev


1 comment:

  1. Dear David,

    In reference to number two: I think that it is okay that you don't know what you want to do with your life. I think it's a myth that we have to know. We feel pressure for years as we go along to have it together and know what we're doing next, but I think that there are so many things we can do with our lives and that there doesn't have to be just one. I think that we are called to serve God and we can do that in so many ways. I think sometimes we're looking for a lightning bolt to strike from the sky and for God to tell us "DO THIS," but I think that if we are following God's heart and we are going to be doing what he wants. This might not be as glamorous as we like, it might not be as together as we like, but it is reality. I don't know if this makes you feel better, but it makes me feel a bit better. (:

    ReplyDelete