Friday, December 18, 2009

After a long absence...greatness returns...

So I had a good friend let me know a couple of days ago that I failed at blogging. This struck deep into my heart like a searing knife of hurt and disappointment. It filled me with a bitter sense of disillusionment. A whirling tornado of confusion and despondency if you will. I realized that I have let everyone down. I know that all of you had come to count on me to bring class and dignity to the blogging world. I have failed. But now I am returning with a vengeance. So here we go...I'm bringing back all that is right and good to the blogging world. Class, dignity, first rate writing, quick wit, social commentary, and last but certainly not least...a little bit of David Levin.

So I guess I could start off by reviewing everything that's happened since I last blogged but that's probably going to be to long and boring for anyone to read and for me to type...I'm falling asleep just thinking about it...ok so I'll hit the highlights in bullet point format for those of you who like lists. If you don't like lists...stop reading now.

-School=done, finito, finished...except...no

-NCSU=pathetic at sports and at letting me finish my freakin degree

-Tutoring=busy...need more time to fit everyone in

-Camp=I love the Storm. Period. (Oh and we are going to rock Lighthouse today by the way...its at 6:30 p.m. if you want to come watch)

-Weather=Interesting...probably will snow today just enough to disrupt everyone but not enough to be impressive or to sled down falls dam like I really want to!

-Christmas= No this needs its own paragraph...

Christmas is a time that I really detest. Well let me preface this by saying that there are parts of Christmas that I do like...such as the whole celebrating the birth of Jesus thing and the fact that I'm off school/work for a couple of weeks/days. But the reality is that Christmas combines many of my least favorite things in all the world:

1. Decorating...I hate it. It's like putting a piece of furniture together. You can never do it exactly like it supposed to be and there's always a piece missing and the whole thing ends up taking HOURS when it should just take a few minutes.

2. Shopping...Stab me with a fork. Once again, this is something that should not take long but ends up dominating your life. I mean I know its the thought that counts but if that was really true then we would get to Christmas morning and say "Hey mom, I got you a...thought". Don't think thats going to work there buddy. So the result is that you spend hours looking for the perfect gift...the one that will make everyone else's gift look like a perfectly wrapped turd...and of course you don't find it because its CHRISTMAS EVE and all the good gifts have already been bought by the people who started shopping the day after Thanksgiving. You also ever notice how NO ONE is ever happy when your shopping? Maybe everyone else feels the same way I do...hmmm. Well the end result is that you just don't care anymore and you end up getting a gift card...haha which I actually like getting so maybe its not that bad. So if any of you are out there shopping for me a perfect gift (which I know you all are), for me that is a gift card because I understand your predicament.

3. Christmas music...Forget waterboarding and Guantanamo Bay. Let's just sit the terrorist suspects in a room by themselves and have them listen to 30 days straight of Christmas music. Guarantee that you would find Osama. They would give him up. NO HUMAN BEING can endure that. So why do radio stations think its a good idea to start playing non-stop christmas music right after Thanksgiving? I mean there are only like 15 Christmas songs and of those 15 only 2 or 3 are above the musical level of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Seriously I think if I hear Little Drummer Boy one more time I may have a mental breakdown from the sheer monotony.

Well I think I will stop there for now. It feels good to be back. I promise to be more regular...wait...that doesn't sound the way I meant it. I promise to write more often....there that's better! Hope you enjoyed this literary masterpiece I composed for you.

Shout-Outs:

Ashley McGarvey--Thanks for inspiring me to post again.

Andrew Miller--Thanks for graduating...you inspire me to graduate sometime

Robbie Wible--Thanks for completely falling for the whole "Sam switched the numbers in your phone" bit last night. That made my night.

-

-

1 comment:

  1. Um, try the "12 days of Christmas" if you want monotony. What was that crackpot thinking and why do people continue to this day to record that song? I need answers.

    ReplyDelete