Thursday, September 3, 2009

Blog Schmlog...

Yeah so actually I just wanted to write "schmlog" to see what it looked like...kinda interesting but it has nothing to do with the content of this post.

Random thoughts:

1. I have decided that the show Man vs. Wild is quite possibly the manliest show on television. I will admit, I have gotten a bit hooked on it lately but it's such an awesome show! First of all, the show is this guy who gets dropped off in some of the most hostile places in the world with nothing but a backpack with a rope and a knife and then has to survive for several days while trying to find rescue. This guy has survived in places like the Vietnamese jungle to the frozen tundra of Alaska. He has to create his own shelter out of whatever material he can find and eat and drink whatever is available. I have seen him do things like crawl into a camel carcass to shelter himself from a dust storm in the sahara desert or eat a meal of grilled scorpion for dinner! Pretty hardcore. Plus the guy's name is Bear! I mean...with a name like "Bear" you pretty much HAVE to be manly don't you? Anyways, you should check the show out...it's pretty intense.

2. There's no way that computer programming has ANYTHING to do with the dynamics of cloud formation! So why was I given a homework which is going to be graded on my ability to code a program when I am supposed to be learning about the processes that form clouds? By the way, you can skip this section...I am just ranting about school and it feels good to just let it out and have a good cry (single tear)....whew that's better...ok now I'm embarrassing myself and I need to stop. I will just add that my ability to write a computer program is about the same as Brett Favre's ability to stay retired. 'Nuff said. Homework failed. Nothing learned. Boo NC State.

3. Speaking of NC State, we have our first football game tonight vs. South Carolina. Now last year, we lost 30-0 which was the start of a very long season in which if Russel Wilson played we won and if he didn't play, we lost....well....30-0. Hopefully this year will be better but I am excited about football season starting up again. Also looking forward to the VaTech/Alabama game on Sat...not a better way to begin the season than with a Hokie loss (hehe that's for you Bristol j/k). Actually I'm more of an NFL fan and once again this promises to be a long season for my team (the Panthers). Our defense gave up over 30 points in the last 3-4 games of last season and now our two best players on defense are injured! So I can only imagine how many touchdowns we are going to surrender now. Plus, Jake Delhomme is great at getting your hopes up to where you believe that the Super Bowl is possible and then dashing them to pieces by throwing 5 INTERCEPTIONS in a playoff game verses the "worst playoff team in NFL history". Ahh well...I will still cheer for you Panthers...I can't help it.

4. On a more serious note, it's funny how God reminds you when you become to prideful or entitled. It's not like I do it on purpose but it seems like everytime God blesses me with something good and undeserved, I eventually get to the point where I either rely on the blessing instead of the One who blesses or I begin to think that I am entitled to continue receiving that blessing. This past week I got a wake up call about that...pretty sure it was God reminding me that He is my source and not anything else. God has blessed me beyond what I can ever imagine but why should I think that He owes me anything? If He sees fit to give me an abundance, I should praise Him and use the abundance to bless other people. If He sees fit to take that abundance away, it shouldn't change my attitude as long as I am trusting in my Source instead of my stash. I will still praise Him for providing all we need and more!

5. Schedule for the rest of the week: Today I am trying to finish up some Storm scheduling. Since the late great Fayetteville Crusaders folded (again for the second straight year), I now have 3 more games to schedule and let me tell you it is like pulling teeth to get athletic directors to call you back. I also have my class this afternoon and then tonight and upward prayer partner meeting and then ballin' it up at open gym. Tuesday I shot 400 game speed shots and had storm practice and then yesterday I did a speed workout so not sure how the old legs are going to hold up tonight hehe we'll see.

Friday, more scheduling calls and grocery shopping. Storm practice in the afternoon and then I am going to try to make it to the Milbrook football game in the evening. Also will try to get some homework done and my tutoring brochure printed.

Saturday...hmm...not sure but I know I will think of something before High School Hangout Broomball starts in the evening! Should be fun.

Well that's all for now...till next time!

-D-Lev

Shout outs:

J-rod/David-insulter--I don't usually give a shout out to the same person two posts in a row but I would just like to congratulate J-rod for taking the shout out I gave him last time and going WAY above and beyond! I would expect nothing less from him so kudos to you J-rod.

Emily J--Miss seeing ya around. Maybe I'll *67 you sometime soon! Nothing like a good call from a restricted number to start your day off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment