Friday, September 25, 2009

Another week, another blog :)

Wow so this week has been busy to say the least! I finally got my tutoring flyer out and the first day it went out I had around 30 emails and 5 phone calls about it. In fact, I'm still at this moment returning email and setting up my schedule. This is a good thing but honestly I had no idea that there would be this much demand for a math tutor. I mean, people even want to meet on Saturday! I don't want to do math on Saturday! Haha oh well, it is a good thing I guess because I had been praying for God to provide for us financially and then within a week, this happens. I think I may be getting over-booked though and am considering hiring another tutor to work for me to take some of the load off. We shall see I guess.

It's amazing to me how quickly I can get distracted from what is really important. I was reading yesterday in Matthew the "sermon on the mount" I started reading it because in BLAST we are covering the Beattitudes this year and I really don't understand some of them to be perfectly honest with you. As I read the whole thing in it's entirety it just seemed like God was telling me to stop sweating the small stuff and just focus on seeking Him. I mean, we are called to be salt and light! We can't reflect Him unless we are close to Him. We can't be close to Him unless we seek Him. But as we seek Him we are not to "worry about tomorrow, about what we will eat or what we will wear" (paraphrase). Why not go hard after Him and after His business and not worry about stuff that God already knows I need? Not exactly what I planned to get out of reading that passage (I still need to figure out the beattitudes) but God has a funny way of showing me exactly what I need at the time. I have been trying to figure out what to do after December (since hopefully I will be done with school at that time) but I have been trying to figure it out all by myself. I realize that that's not my job. My job is to seek God hard. That's it. He will show me everything else and provide everything I need along the way. I mean, isn't that what I was created for in the first place? To have a relationship with the God of the universe?

Some random observations:

1. ACC football--BC=down year, Maryland=should be an FCS team since they seem to lose to them quite often, Virginia=who cares, Virginia Tech=it hurts me to watch their offense and their run defense looks like a spaghetti strainer, therefore they are over-rated, Wake Forest=missing all those defensive starters from last year, Carolina=good defense, offense...ummm we shall see, NC State=well at least we can crush FCS teams Maryland!, Duke football=oxymoron, Clemson=decent but will lose to South Carolina this year so that will mean a bad season for them, Georgia Tech=like their running game but they have a hard time stopping anyone, Florida State=good team and I like Christian Ponder but aren't quite good enough yet to win the ACC, Miami=class of the ACC and I believe a national championship contender...Jacory Harris is the man...yes I have jumped on the bandwagon...I like how they have stepped up and aren't afraid to play a tough early schedule! I mean their first 4 games are #18 Florida State, #15 Georgia Tech, #11 Virginia Tech, and Oklahoma (whatever they will be ranked next week). Kudos to them!

2. This hurricane season=sucks. I was planning on getting in some good hurricane chasing this fall but it's hard to chase hurricanes when they don't happen! I can't even remember a season with this little amount of activity. Perhaps that means nothing to you but it stinks for me...therefore I am posting it in this blog.

3. I am running out of time to write.

Shout outs:

Chris Williams--Those were some sick nasty shots you were making in open gym last night sir. My hat is off to your basketball skill.

Jake Delhomme--You did not throw 5 interceptions this week. Good job.

Rebecca Carlson--I have not given you a shout-out yet and this is bad. Rebecca, even though you always "have to go home" and never do anything fun, you are awesome! You are one of my favorite people.

That's all for now...'till next time!

-D-Lev

No comments:

Post a Comment