Monday, August 3, 2009

Tired...

So today was a very long day....which tried my patience to the max. I have been working at the North Ridge Basketball Academy over the past several weeks and up until this point had been working exclusively with high school age kids. This week I have had the opportunity to work with a group of 7-9 year-old boys and girls that seem to want to do everything they can to cause me to go prematurely bald. I was trying to think back to when I was that age and I really don't think I was that ADD. I mean seriously...these kids cannot even focus on what I am saying for two seconds (not even joking about that). And up until now, I considered myself pretty good with kids...maybe I should rethink my high opinion of myself. I had to come home and work off some frustration and pray about how God wants me to approach the next two days I am there.

It's really funny that this should have happened because recently I have been convicted that I do not rely on God enough. I was reading a couple of weeks ago about faith and how most Christians in America have only a very small understanding of faith simply because we have so much. This statement jumped off the page at me: "What are you doing right now in your life that requires faith?" Honestly, I had a hard time thinking of anything that I was doing in which I had to COMPLETELY rely on God. I'm such a control freak and it's sad but most of the time I rely on my stuff instead of on the Source of all my stuff. When you read about people of faith in the Bible...it always changes peoples lives drastically. Abraham had to pick up and leave everything he knew and go to a place that God hadn't even told him yet. Peter, James and John left their livelihood and immediately followed Jesus. Now that is faith. And I feel good about myself when I tithe? Maybe my faith is not a strong as I thought. I've asked God to help me trust Him completely and to rely on Him even when it may seem like I do not need to. I have been looking for ways to exercise my faith in places where I can get out of my comfort zone (kinda like NRBA!). I'll tell you that it has been scary and I'm not quite there yet. At the same time though, I don't think I have ever lived as exciting a life as I am right now. I don't know where I'm going yet and I don't know what I am going to be doing even as early as next week, but I do know that every day is an adventure. I just pray that every day I can set my mind and my focus on using everything God has given me to make Him look good. Yeah some days are an "epic fail" but on other days even though I'm tired and ready to poke my eyes out with a sharp object because kids aren't listening, I can feel God pushing me to maximize my impact for Him.

'Till next time!

-D-Lev


Shout-Outs:

Chris --Harry! We need to play disc golf soon and eat some burgers with seasoned salt on them.

The Guy in the 1988 Izuzu Pickup Who Pulled Out in Front of Me and Cruised Along At 25 mph on Falls Of Neuse Today--God bless ya! Just remember to turn on your headlights when you have a gray vehicle and its 9:00 at night...you kinda blend in with your surroundings there buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment