Wednesday, August 19, 2009

OH BABY YOU!!....

Ok so I'm sure everyone gets songs stuck in their head but why can't it ever be a song that I actually like? Right now, I have that stupid song from the commercial (I don't even know what the commercial is for) stuck in my head...OH BABY YOU, YOU GOT WHAT I NEEEEED! Haha maybe if I type it out here it will go away because its driving me crazy!

This has been an interesting week so far. First of all, I thought I was going to be starting school this week, but yesterday I received an email from my prof telling me that he was out of town this week and so our class actually wouldn't be starting until next Tuesday (WOOHOO!) Last night, we had another goodbye dinner for Chris and had steak (really I need to find more excuses to cook steak). It was soooooo good even if I do say so myself. I used "The World's Best Steak Rub" to season it...if you ever find it in the store get it. You will not be disappointed. Tomorrow I am supposed to be looking into getting a job at the Y as a fitness consultant. I'm not sure whether I am going to take it or not because honestly if I can find a few more students to tutor I would be making a good deal more money tutoring than at the Y. The upside to the Y though is free membership (woot) and garanteed money. Hmmm....decisions decisions.

Speaking of decisions, I'm really not sure about what I'm going to be doing once I graduate. It's so hard to believe that I am actually going to be done with school forever at the end of December. That's a relief but also a bit of a burden because I really don't want to have to move away. Unfortunantely all the "weather jobs" tend to be in remote places like Idaho or Montana (perhaps because NO ONE wants to go there). So I am at a crossroads. I LOVE the people I am around here in NC and I know that Shelley really enjoys working at good old NLC. Shoot I would miss NLC as well even though I don't work there. I just don't know what I would do unless I got a "weather job"...kinda seems like a waste of a degree and $10,000 if I don't at least try to find one. If you get a chance, pray that I will make a decision that will allow me to maximize my God-given potential. After all, I should realize that this life is not all about me anyways. It should be about following my Lord and Saviour and investing in the lives of those around me. I feel like I am in a great place to invest in people's lives here but at the same time, investing in people's lives doesn't always allow me to pay the bills! Gosh I just don't want to turn into one of those people who work all there lives for the "American Dream" (a house, car, two kids and a dog...etc...) I don't want a "normal" life. I want extraordinary. I guess I'm just waiting for God to give me a dream that is impossibly big. Sometimes I think I expect to little out of God. Like I dream big but the kind of big that I could actually see myself doing. That's not really faith I guess because if I can see myself doing it, then it's not God doing it but me. I need a BIG dream. One that only God can accomplish. That's a little scary though. Hmmmm....decisions once again. To settle or not to settle. I feel like God wants me to be a pioneer. To go farther and do more than I could think possible. I would rather be a settler. Find a comfortable place and build a comfortable life. I also know that to settle is dangerous. When I settle, I cloister myself off from the world and ignore the hurt that is going on around me so that I can build my life. God help me to be a pioneer but also perhaps give me a little nudge in the right direction! I don't need to see the whole path...maybe just get me started?

On a lighter note, my refridgerator just pee-ed itself again! I don't know why it does this but every 4-5 days I will walk into the kitchen and there in the middle of the floor is a little puddle of refridgerator pee! I know its just water but still...I think it's doing it on purpose because theres just nothing like walking through the kitchen in my socks and stepping in a puddle of ice cold water...YAY!!! Anyone know how to house-train a refridgerator?

Till next time,

D-Lev

Shout-outs:

Josh Munroe--We need to come up with a cool nickname for you...hmmm I'll be thinking. It was good to see you at the house last night. Kick butt and take some names on Friday!

All you Appalaichian St. People-I will miss all of you a whole lot (except the ones I never see and don't even know)! You seriously need to transfer to State...but I can't really blame you...App's just cooler (literally).

No comments:

Post a Comment